Big Data Research Center
From Center for Data Sciences
About Big Data Research Center
Big Data Research Center is a space for researcher, industry to collaborate and work on problems that have Big Data as the point of interest. Big Data poses a great challenge in terms of variety, volume, veracity and velocity. The current work of projects are dealing with veracity and variety of data. Inherent problem of volume is unavoidable in the current scene of web.
The research center facilitates opportunities for various labs, individuals, researchers, industry officials to collaborate and create talent pool equipped in handling big data.
- The center gained momentum due to the project funded by Royal Academy of Engineering( RAEng) for the project called Co-creation of a Center of Excellence in Big Data Engineering
- The project is merged back to the center to perform various research activities and have cross pollination of ideas in the area of Big Data.
- Anish Bhanushali, Raksha S Patel, Srinath Srinivasa. Identifying Opinion Drivers on Social Media. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2017), Springer LNCS, Rhodes, Greece, October 2017.
- Raksha Pavagada Subbanarasimha, Lokesh Todwal, Mamillapalli Rachana, Aditya Naidu, and Srinath Srinivasa. 2018. Mithya: A Framework For Identifying Opinion Drivers On Social Media. In Proceedings of ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science and International Conference on Management of Data (Demos), Goa, India, Jan 2018 (CODS-COMAD 2018).
- BDE 2017 - A two day workshop on Big Data on April 18th and 19th 2017 at IIIT Bangalore.