I defended my PhD dissertation in May 2018 and graduated with a doctoral degree in Data Science from the International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore in July 2018. My research interests include knowledge representation and reasoning models, semantic web, machine learning and graph networks, particularly focusing on developing unique models that can bring all these technology domains together to better understand data and it’s context. My doctoral thesis focused on semantic integration and knowledge representation of large structured open tabular data, particularly open government data. I currently head the Centre for Open Data Research, at Public Affairs Centre, Bangalore with a focus on applying data sciences technologies and research to promote data empowered decisions towards good governance. The Public Affairs Centre (PAC) is a not-for profit, non-partisan think tank, established in 1994 to help improve the quality of public governance in India (http://www.pacindia.org).
Prior to entering academics, I have worked in the Information Technology industry with over two decades of program management and delivery experience. During this stint, I was responsible for delivering large IT programs spanning diverse technologies (Business Intelligence and Analytics, Custom Applications, Managed Services Engagements) worth multi-million dollar revenues & spread across multiple geographies. I also hold a Masters in Statistics from Indian Statistical Institute Calcutta.
Please checkout my linkedin profile for more details.
- Asha Subramanian and Srinath Srinivasa. “Semantic Interpretation and Integration of Open Data Tables.” In N.L. Sarda and P.S. Acharya (Eds.), Geospatial Infrastructure, Applications and Technologies : India Case Studies. Springer International Publishing, 2018 (to appear).
- Asha Subramanian, Anmol Garg, Omang Poddar and Srinath Srinivasa. Towards Semantically Aggregating Indian Open Government Data from data.gov.in. Proceedings of the 16th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2017), Posters and Demos, CEUR-WS, October 2017.
- Asha Subramanian, Ved Kurien Mathai, Vikkurthi Manikanta, Janaki Vinesh Joshi and Srinath Srinivasa. Semantic Integration of Open Data Tables. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2016), Rhodes, Greece, October 2016 (in press).
- Asha Subramanian. Inferencing in the Large: Characterizing Semantic Integration of Open Tabular Data. Doctoral Consortium of the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2015), Pennsylvania, US, October 2015. pdf
- Asha Subramanian, Srinath Srinivasa, Vignesh S, Pavan Kumar R R. Semantic Integration of Structured Data Powered by Linked Open Data. Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics (WIMS 15), Limassol, Cyprus, July 2015.pdf