This project aims to establish a collaboration between the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-B), with City University London, as the UK partner and Siemens Research, India, as the industry partner, to set up a centre of excellence in Big Data Engineering. With emerging trends like Web Science and the Internet of Things, expertise in Big Data is going to be in high demand in the future. As part of our initiatives to create a talent pool of research and engineering expertise, IIIT-B has collaborated with several partners in this area on specific projects. This project aims to consolidate our disparate activities in this area and create a Centre of Excellence in Big Data Engineering. The term “Big Data” is defined here to mean any kind of data management problem for which, conventional RDBMS based solutions are inadequate. The “Big” refers to not just the volume of data, but also challenges concerning variety, veracity and velocity of the data.
- Dr. Srinath Srinivasa IIIT Bangalore
- Prof Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, City University, Northampton Square , London,
- Dr. Amarnath Bose, Siemens Technology and Service, Bangalore
- Praseeda , Research Scholar, IIIT Bangalore
- Anish, Mtech. Thesis Student, IIIT Bangalore
- A two day workshop on Big Data on April 18th and 19th at IIIT Bangalore