This project aims to establish a collaboration between the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-B), with City University London, as the UK partner and Siemens Research, India, as the industry partner, to set up a centre of excellence in Big Data Engineering. With emerging trends like Web Science and the Internet of Things, expertise in Big Data is going to be in high demand in the future. As part of our initiatives to create a talent pool of research and engineering expertise, IIIT-B has collaborated with several partners in this area on specific projects. This project aims to consolidate our disparate activities in this area and create a Centre of Excellence in Big Data Engineering. The term “Big Data” is defined here to mean any kind of data management problem for which, conventional RDBMS based solutions are inadequate. The “Big” refers to not just the volume of data, but also challenges concerning variety, veracity and velocity of the data.
- Dr. Srinath Srinivasa IIIT Bangalore
- Prof Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, City University, Northampton Square , London,
- Dr. Amarnath Bose, Siemens Technology and Service, Bangalore
- Praseeda , Research Scholar, IIIT Bangalore
- Raksha, Research Scholar, IIIT Bangalore
- Anish, Mtech. Thesis Student, IIIT Bangalore
- A two day workshop on Big Data on April 18th and 19th at IIIT Bangalore
- Initiation Report
- Report 1: June 2016
- Report 2: September 2016
- Report 3: January 2017
- Report 4: April 2017Reports
- Srinivasa S., Pavagada Subbanarasimha R. (2018) Design of the Cogno Web Observatory for Characterizing Online Social Cognition. In: Anirban Mondal, Himanshu Gupta, Jaideep Srivastava, P.Krishna Reddy, D.V.L.N. Somayajulu. (eds) Big Data Analytics. BDA 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer, Cham. (To appear)
- Raksha Pavagada Subbanarasimha, Lokesh Todwal, Mamillapalli Rachana, Aditya Naidu, and Srinath Srinivasa. 2018. Mithya: A Framework For Identifying Opinion Drivers On Social Media. Demo at ACM IKDD Conference on Data Science and International Conference on Management of Data, Goa, India, Jan 2018 (CODS-COMAD 2018).
- Anish Bhanushali, Raksha Pavagada Subbanarasimha, and Srinath Srinivasa. 2017. Identifying Opinion Drivers on Social Media. In On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems. OTM 2017 Conferences: Confederated International Conferences: CoopIS, C&TC, and ODBASE 2017, Rhodes, Greece, October 23-27, 2017, Proceedings, Part II. Springer International Publishing, Cham, 242–253.