Deepti is pursuing Integrated M Tech at IIIT-Bangalore and is a member of the Web Science Lab, working on the Gooru project. She is a part of the team that is responsible for the Skyline computation of Gooru users. She has worked on the back-end logic for Skyline computation and also developed an API for the same. Her areas of interest are Web Science, Data Analytics and Application Development.
Aparna is a postdoctorate research fellow at Gooru Labs in Web Science Labs. Before joining Gooru Labs. Before joining Gooru labs, She was a postdoctorate research fellow at University of Haifa, Israel under the fellowship of Planning and Budgeting Commission of Israeli Higher Education.
She is a mathematician and educational technologist with PhD in Information Technology. For PhD she had proposed an ontology for teaching problem solving in mathematics. Her research interest include: application of Information Technology to Education specifically mathematics and science education, application of semantic web technology to education, ontological engineering and management, online assessment, automation of applications, educational technology and management.
She earned an MPhil in math education research from Cambridge University, UK and have received several academic fellowships and awards including HP Labs fellowship for PhD, DFID & CCT fellowship for MPhil.
She has wide range of teaching and work experience. She has taught to tribal students as well as intellectually gifted students. She has also taught graduate level and master’s level students. During PhD at IIITB, she has mentored MTech students for some projects.
She is also interested in social work, Indian culture and ancient Indian knowledge. She has worked as a Sevavrati for Vivekanand Kendra in the North Eastern region of India. She had worked as a joint secretary for Vivekanand Kendra Pune and during her association with VK, she had organized youth camps, personality development camps, conducted workshops and delivered lectures on life and work of Swami Vivekananda. She is a voracious reader in both Marathi and English and write regularly blog articles as well as articles in newspapers and magazines in Marathi and some times in English.
Her LinkedIn profile can be accessed here
Her ResearchGate profile can be accessed here
Publications: (Publications can be downloaded from my ResearchGate profile)
- Lalingkar, A. (2017). Applet Ontology as a Tool for Automatic Assessment of Applet-based Assessment Tasks, Journal of Computers in Education, Vol 5 (1), Dec 2017. (Paper Link )
- Lalingkar, A.; Chandrashekar, R. & Ramani, S. (2015). MONTO: Machine Readable Ontology for Teaching Word Problems in Mathematics, Journal of Educational Technology and Society, Vol 18 (3), July 2015, pp. 197-213. (SSCI indexed journal with 5-year impact factor of 1.34 as per Thomson Scientific Journal Citations Reports, and with Google Scholar h5-index of 39) (Cited by 3 as per GoogleScholar) (Paper Link )
- Lalingkar, A.; Chandrashekar, R. & Ramani, S. (2014). Ontology-based Smart Learning Environment for Teaching Word Problems in Mathematics, Journal of Computers in Education, 1 (4), December 2014, Springer, pp. 313-334. (Cited by 5 as per GoogleScholar citation index) (Paper Link )
- Lalingkar, A. (2007). Comprehensive Review of Research in Comparative Education, Perspectives in Education, Vol 23 (3), October 2007, PP. 249-257.
- Lalingkar, A. (2007). Comparison of geometry curricula with respect to objectives and content in India and England for the age group 14 to 16 years, Perspectives in Education, Vol 23 (2), April 2007, pp. 122-129.
- Lalingkar, A.; Srinivasa, S. & Ram, P. (2018). Deriving Semantics of Learning Mediations, In Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), IEEE, pp. 54-55.
- Lalingkar, A.; Chandrashekhar, R. & Ramani, S. (2014). Ontology-based Smart Learning Environment for Teaching Word Problems in Mathematics, In G. Chen, V. Kumar, Kinshuk, R. Huang & S. C. Kong (Eds) Emerging Issues in 3 Smart Learning, Lecture Notes In Educational Technology, Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 251-258. (Cited by 4 as per GoogleScholar citation index) This paper has won the best paper award!
- Lalingkar, A.; Chandrashekhar, R. & Ramani, S. (2011). An Educational Resources Broker System for Collaborative Sharing of Knowledge-Centric Content, In the Proceedings of International Conference on Technology for Education, July 14-16, 2011, Chennai, India. (Cited by 1 as per GoogleScholar citation index) (Paper Link )
- Lalingkar, A., & Ramani, S. (2010). A Web-based Study Facilitation System. In the Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2010: World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications, June 28- July 2, 2010, Toronto, Canada. (Cited by 3 as per GoogleScholar citation index) (Paper Link )
- Lalingkar, A., & Ramani, S. (2009). A Student’s Assistant for Open e-learning. In the Proceedings of T4E’09: International Conference on Technology for Education, August 4-6, 2009, Bangalore, India, 62-67. (Cited by 4 as per GoogleScholar citation index) (Paper Link )
Rachana is pursuing her integrated Master’s course in IIITB and is a member of Web Sciences lab working under the project ‘Opinion Marketplace’ for Characterizing the online social cognition as a Marketplace of Opinions. She has worked on pre-processing the tweets, storing the terms of respective users, entropy calculation and prior calculation for each user, classifying the users into drivers or non-drivers and identifying a list of opinion drivers based on the prior and evidence value. She has also worked on developing a shiny web application for the project. Her area of interest is Data science.
You can find her on Linkedin.
Chaitali Diwan is a PhD student at Web Science Lab, IIIT Bangalore. She holds a MTech in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore and B.E in Computer Science from VTU. Her research interests are web science, education technologies, NLP, multi-agent systems, semantic and web mining.
She has around 10 years of software development experience and has worked in MNCs like Samsung India Research Centre, Qwest Telecom Software Services and Accenture Services. She has majorly worked on web technologies, data-centric applications, data workflows during her tenure in the software industry.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, and Prasad Ram. Computing Exposition Coherence of Learning Resources, In Proceedings of The 17th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2018), Springer LNCS, Valletta, Malta, October 22-26, 2018.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, Bala Murali Krishna. Autonomous Spectrum Assignment of White Space Devices. Proceedings of the 12th EAI International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM 2017), Lisbon, Portugal. September 2017.
I am pursuing research from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore. I am interested in Information Retrieval, Data mining, Modelling real world data.
I have worked in Manipal Institute of Technology as Assistant professor for 2.5 years. I completed my masters from IIIT Bangalore specializing in database and information systems.
I am part of the Web Sciences Lab (WSL) at IIIT Bangalore.
Avinash Kumar Chandrakar is a M.Tech student in Data Sciences at IIIT Bangalore. He is working on enhancement of SANDESH portal in Web Science Lab. He has done B.E in Computer Science and Engineering from B.I.T. Durg. His interest areas are Data Summarisation and analysis.
Venkata Sudhakar Reddy G T is a M.Tech student in Data Sciences at IIIT Bangalore. He is working on enhancement of SANDESH portal in Web Science Lab. He has done B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from JNTU Anantapur. His interest areas are Web technologies, Competitive Programming.
Sathyanarayana Ragineni is a M.Tech student in Data Sciences at IIIT Bangalore. He is working on enhancement of SANDESH portal in Web Science Lab. He has done B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from JNTU Anantapur. Prior to joining IIITB, he has worked as SAP BW-IP Consultant at Tata Consultancy Services Ltd for an year. His interest areas are Web technologies, Competitive Programming.
Janaki Vinesh Joshi is a student of IIIT, Bangalore pursuing her master’s in Information Technology and is a member of the Web Science Laboratory. She passed her bachelor’s with distinction from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore. She is currently working with the lab on a research project in the domain of Semantic Web. Her areas of interest also include Data analytics, Machine Learning and Cloud Computing. For more details head over to her Linkedin profile.
Vikkurthi Manikanta is currently working in Web Sciene Lab and pursuing Mtech in IIIT Bangalore. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications from Gudlavalleru Engineering College, Gudlavalleru. Prior to joining IIITB he has worked as a Assistant System Engineer in TCS and involved in developing Manage Agreement Modules of Agreement Work Bench and end to end development of Shelf Talker System. He is interested to work on real world problems. His areas of interests include Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Semantic Web, Algorithms and Data Structures. For more, please visit his Linkedin Profile.