The Web Science Lab (WSL) at IIIT Bangalore focuses on building models to extract semantics and understand the impact of the web on different facets of human life. The lab also has research projects on using Web Technologies in various fields like Education. There are research projects on building models for understanding and utilising open data and open ended data.
Typical research pursuits of WSL include the following:
- Mining semantic associations from text and social media data
- Building computational models for various socio-cognitive phenomena on the web (like formation of collective opinions, creation of celebrities, etc.)
- Semantic integration of formal web data
- Building computational models for Navigated learning towards digital empowerment
- Building agent based models.
WSL was earlier called the Open Systems Lab (OSL) which had a much broader research scope.
WSL is part of the Center for Data Sciences (CDS) at IIIT Bangalore.
WSL Research Sites
- IIITB Web Observatory
- Sandesh 1.0
- Sandesh 2.0
- Topic Expansion Engine
- Identifying Opinion Drivers on Social Media
- Gratia: Goodwill Currency
- COVID taskforce Dashboard
- Navigated Learning Portal