Pooja is a Ph.D. student in Web Science Lab. She worked as a Research Associate for one year at WSL, IIIT Bangalore. She has completed Master of Technology in Computer Science and Master of Computer Applications from Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur, Rajasthan. Before joining as a student here, she taught at various degree colleges in Jaipur and Mumbai with a total 4 years of teaching experience. Her areas of interest are Network Science, Semantic Web, Causal Analysis and Network Learning.
Sharath Srivatsa is a MS by Research (part-time) student at Web Science Lab. He has Bachelor’s degree in Information Science and Engineering from B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore. He has 12 years of work experience in software development using Web Technologies and from past 3 years he is working in Data Analytics projects with current employer. He has worked on Sentiment Analysis using Natural Language Processing (NLP), Web Crawlers and Big Data. His areas of interest include Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Web Science. For more, please visit his Linkedin Profile.
- Distributed Computing (CS/DS 702)
- Project report: Analysis of Distributed Snapshot Algorithms pdf
- Data Analytics (DS 707)
- Network Science for the web (DS 608)
- Foundations for Big Data Algorithms (CS/DS 812)
- Sharath Srivatsa, Srinath Srinivasa. Narrative Plot Comparison Based on a Bag-of-actors Document Model in Proceedings of the 29th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (ACM HT’18), Baltimore, USA, ACM Press, July 2018.
Academic Magazine Articles
Jaya is a PhD (part-time) student at Web Science Lab. She holds a M.Tech in Computer & Information Science and B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), Cochin. She has been working at the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR), Bangalore since 2009. She has worked on the design and development of systems based on Natural Language Text Processing and Knowledge Management technologies. Currently she is working on semantic summarization from user generated text reports. Her research interests include: Natural Language Text Processing with emphasis on Information Extraction and summarization, Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning.
I am pursuing research from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore. I am interested in Information Retrieval, Data mining, Modelling real world data.
I have worked in Manipal Institute of Technology as Assistant professor for 2.5 years. I completed my masters from IIIT Bangalore specializing in database and information systems.
I am part of the Web Sciences Lab (WSL) at IIIT Bangalore.
Chaitali Diwan is a PhD student at Web Science Lab, IIIT Bangalore. She holds a MTech in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore and B.E in Computer Science from VTU. Her research interests are web science, education technologies, NLP, multi-agent systems, semantic and web mining.
She has around 10 years of software development experience and has worked in MNCs like Samsung India Research Centre, Qwest Telecom Software Services and Accenture Services. She has majorly worked on web technologies, data-centric applications, data workflows during her tenure in the software industry. For more, please visit her Linkedin Profile.
Associated Research Projects:
- Niharika Parasa, Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa. “Automatic Riddle Generation For Learning Resources”. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2022), 27-31 July, Durham University, UK
- Prakhar Mishra, Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, G.Srinivasaraghavan. “A Semi-automatic approach for Generating Video Trailers for Learning Pathways”. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2022), 27-31 July, Durham University, UK
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, and Prasad Ram. Automatic Generation of Coherent Learning Pathways for Open Educational Resources, In Proceedings of the Fourteenth European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2019), Springer LNCS, Delft, Netherlands, 16-19 September 2019
- Prakhar Mishra, Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, G.Srinivasaraghavan. Automatic Title Generation for Text with Pre-trained Transformer Language Model. 15th IEEE Interantional Conference on Semantic Computing, Virtual, January 27-29, 2021. [nominated for best paper award]
- Prakhar Mishra, Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, G.Srinivasaraghavan. Automatic Title Generation for Learning Resources and Pathways with Pre-trained Transformer Models. International Journal of Semantic Computing (IJSC), Volume No. 15, Issue No. 04, pp. 487 – 510, Year 2021.
- Shyam Kumar V N, Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa and Prasad Ram. Creating Navigable Competency Maps from Learning Resource Corpora. International Conference on Data Science and Management of Data (CODS-COMAD) 2021, Bangalore, India, January 2-4, 2021.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, and Prasad Ram. Computing Exposition Coherence of Learning Resources, In Proceedings of The 17th International Conference on Ontologies, Databases and Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2018), Springer LNCS, Valletta, Malta, October 22-26, 2018.
- Chaitali Diwan, Srinath Srinivasa, Bala Murali Krishna. Autonomous Spectrum Assignment of White Space Devices. Proceedings of the 12th EAI International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM 2017), Lisbon, Portugal. September 2017.